Search This Blog

What is your current/max resolution?

zerreth.at.gmail.com

Comments not personal enough? E-mail me with requests, suggestions or personal comments. No, it's not fake....

Friday, December 7, 2007

Tokyo Majin

A friend of mine decided to clue me in on a show called "Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpucho: Tou." Now, I've only seen the pilot but from that only, I can say that I may take a liking to this anime.
So, I did a bit of research on it finding out that not only is it a recent show (premiered mid january ended mid april this year) the second season already finished and ended Mid october.

The animation quality is good and the action is nice. The humor is well scripted. You have your very typical cookie cutter archetypes, which makes the plot (and their lines) somewhat to very predictable, but it's a cool variation.
Since I only saw the pilot, I'm going to have to rely on quoting for this.
"In the night of Tokyo, mysterious deaths involving the 'Reborn Dead' occur. Mysterious transfer student, Tatsuma Hiyuu, and delinquent student, Kyouichi Houraiji, fight these undead every night. They, along with the rest of their group, soon realize that a greater threat, that involves even more powerful demons, is near."

From the pilot I could see a story unfolding where you have an undead phenomenon with the supernatural fighters of justice spiel but I think there's a slight trend going on. Don't get me wrong, but in a way, it gave off the same feeling that Persona 3 gave off. Odd transfer student team up with other students to fight something at the dead of night. Maybe it's the school setting that threw me off, but considering the persona -trinity soul- anime is close to release, there maybe more like this in the future.

What I'm trying to figure out is how I missed this show when those months were more or less the time I was searching for new anime....

No comments: